RainTree Care Services & Senior Residences, jointly with the German based nursing home provider Pro Civitate, is carrying out a Public Private Partnership Project, co-financed by the federally owned German Investment and Development Corporation (DEG).
The goal of the project is the establishment of a vocational geriatric training for Filipino nurses in the Philippines. The project runs from May 2016 until December 2018 and is carried out in close collaboration with the Philippine and German public and private sector.
The project will develop a vocational geriatric training module with bedside training and onside training for nurses in the Philippines.
The establishment of such a geriatric curriculum is urgently needed as the educational system gives no attention to geriatric and long term care. Nursing home providers need to train each nurse the basic skills of geriatrics and long term care which is costly and less efficient than doing it in a professional standardized training.
To achieve this goal the following steps will be undertaken:
- 3 Filipino nurses with training and teaching experience will receive German language training in Manila to be able to communicate with their counterparts in Germany. This nurses will act as multipliers throughout the project duration.
- The multipliers will be sent to Germany to learn more about the operations of nursing homes in Germany as well as about the geriatric education system and content.
- Experts from Pro Civitate will develop a geriatric curriculum. The German curriculum will be compared with the Philippine curriculum and shortages will be addressed.
- After their return from Germany, the multipliers will develop teaching material in close collaboration with their German counterparts.
- The multipliers will train trainers and professors from various universities and healthcare institution.
- The Trainers will multiply their knowledge in universities and nursing homes and start training the first batch of geriatric nurses.
- The project shall be in close collaboration with TESDA and CHED.
DONA ROSARIO RESIDENCE
RESEARCH & TRAINING INSTITUTE
Phone: (02) 874-5283